Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well, Let's Just Put Them on an Ice Floe.

From an actual resume:

"Also, most of the staff in my department are old enough that their generation lacks the want to comprehend computers....I always find a way to make sure that they (no matter how computer illiterate they may be) understands what has happened before I leave."

Look, dude, having been the young gun in an office before, I kinda hear what you are saying.

But you know what those old folks might know that you clearly don't?

NOT TO INSULT A LARGE SEGMENT OF THE POPULATION IN YOUR RESUME.

Did you see something on the jobsite that indicated: "All the people will be viewing your resume will be younger than 50?"

Or did you assume that anyone old enough to be offended would be too "computer illiterate" to ever see your resume?

I have nearly no patience with people who can't figure out technology but I'll take "computer illiterate" over "total lack of common sense" nearly any day.

I "lack the want" to call you about this job.

Going to dunk head in cold water.

No comments: