Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Everything I Need to Know that I Apparently Didn't Learn in Kindergarten...

...somebody with an MBA wants to try to teach me as an adult. From a meeting (of adults! in the workplace!) agenda about "Building Trust" for today:

"•Talk straight. Be honest and tell the truth.
•Demonstrate respect. Treat everyone with respect, especially those who can't do anything for you.
•Right wrongs. Apologize quickly. Don't let pride get in the way of doing the right thing.
•Show loyalty. Acknowledge others' contributions. Speak about others as if they were present.
•Practice accountability. Don't blame others when things go wrong.

•Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
•Sharing is caring."

OK, two of those are fake.

I am so bummed that this isn't a face-to-face meeting, because if it were, I would totally start eating paste about twelve minutes in.

No comments: