Friday, September 29, 2006

Breaking! Candidate Does Something Right!

So I'm scrolling through resume snapshots and see a resume headline that says "Vampire looking for new blood supply!"

My ill-suited sense perks up, sensing I'm about to find some fresh form of idiocy to bring to you, Dear Reader.

I click on the link, all ready for my usual rush of superiority, when...

Oh.

It's a resume of a phlebotomist. You know, someone who draws blood.

So it's actually kind of appropriate, not just some moron trying to be goth.

While I'm generally not a fan of anything cutesy-poo in business (if I have to be fuddy-duddy, YOU have to be fuddy-duddy), when someone has specialized in something, has hard skills and needed to go through special education, there's a little more wiggle room for personality.

And beyond being appropriate to the career (albeit a little graphic, but hell, if you're in the healthcare industry, you're probably used to it), it's attention-getting. It made me click on it.

Soooo...good on ya, Phlebotomist! Unfortunately, I'm not hiring for that position right now, but the ill-suit wishes you good luck with your job search!

No comments: